Criminal Defense Blog

Sealing Juvenile Records

Many people think their juvenile record is automatically sealed when they reach 18. In fact, your juvenile criminal record is only sealed if you file a petition to seal juvenile records. If you’re 18 or over and are not currently facing criminal charges or on probation or parole, you should seek to seal your juvenile record. There are some juvenile criminal convictions that you are not entitled to seal, including serious and violent offenses committed at 14 or over and juvenile convictions when the juvenile was tried as an adult. In addition, if you are convicted of a felony crime or a misdemeanor crime of moral turpitude as an adult you can no longer move to seal your records.

For assistance sealing juvenile records, contact this office.

The opinions and information in this blog are not intended to be legal advice, and are not a substitute for obtaining advice from a qualified attorney about your particular matter.